Friday, June 29, 2007

Updates

As I haven't talked to most of you in quite some time, i thought i'd let you know the direction my life is currently taking (professionally, this time).

Foremost, our "investor," Colin Grayson, backed out on us without so much as an explanation. I can't describe the frustration of being told this thing was moving forward, we were to start collecting paychecks, quit our jobs....only to be followed by two and a half MISERABLE weeks of trying to track this bastard down. Just to give you all an insight into Colin's character, my last communication with him about this was at the end of this two week period, he said he had the checks in hand, was going to shower, and would call me back in twenty minutes. He never did. Nor did he answer the phone when i called him numerous times. ARRGH. But enough of that. The good news is that Dave is pursuing another option at this point, and if it works out, we'll be secured in a VERY prime piece of Birmingham real estate.

Should that stuff not work out, you'll all be glad to know that i'm pursuing other, more reasonable options. I had a follow-up interview today with U.S. Foods for a training position which pays somewhat modestly but leads to a career. The training is for a territory manager position, a commissioned sales job, and just the sort of thing I would excel at. I hope. My best man Brian has been with this company four years and enjoys a pretty decent quality of life, so this would be a great opportunity.

I'm also awaiting a follow up interview at Santa Fe Cattle Company, a relatively new regional restaurant chain, where I interviewed for a management position. The pay is better off the bat, but the stability is less than at U.S. Pros and cons are a bitch, i'll tell you that. It would almost make it easier if I just plain don't get offered one of the positions (but I interview so well!!).

There are other opportunities on the table as well, both of them sales positions, and both of them on the near horizon. More on those as I pursue them.

All this growing up has left me weary.

Much love to those, etc..

No comments: